TAPAS

25.3.07

My newest tattoo...Tapas in Sanskrit... Tapas is part of the Niyamas (internal disciplines) with in the Eight Limbs of Yoga in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Tapas...is part of our inner fire...it opens us not only physically but emotionally and spiritually. It removes impurities...it is mastery of the body and senses...and brings clarity and discernment...it is the intensity that comes with spiritual practice...the discipline we bring...its the journey...its the dance. Being with the dance.
So to have it permanently imprinted on my body will be a welcome reminder to be with the dance...Like the Hindu god Shiva...who dances so intensely that flames rise up.

1 Insightful Comments:

sara said...

Hello, I am very glad I found you!
It's an amazing thing to meet Yogis world wide :)
thank you for sharing this amazing post!
It's a beautiful tattoo, and a great one to chose also!
I've been looking for some idea tattoos to get for myself. So far, I have Ahimsa, and Om.
You've inspired me with more ideas!
Thank you! I shall definitely be looking through your page more often! oxo

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger