This Day

27.7.07















Look to This Day for it is Life, the very Life of Life. In Its brief course lie all the Verities and Realities of your existence; The Bliss of Growth; The Glory of Action; The Splendor of Beauty; For Yesterday is but a Dream, And Tomorrow is only a Vision: But Today well lived makes every Yesterday a Dream of Happiness, and Every Tomorrow a Vision of Hope. Look well, therefore, to This Day!!
-From The Sanskrit


So...the day isn't even over and its been a great day. Lately, I have been singing Sharath's praises as a teacher and as a guide...and I truly feel such a sense of gratitude and love for him. But, I have also come to the realization that my teachers are everywhere...one no better than the other...and especially here in Mysore...I have had many thus far.
Yesterday I had tea with a friend and he told me that I am too in control of my emotions...hmmmmm...okay...I told him...you may be on to something. I have heard that from several people here that I am a hard one to read. But...I am not sure if that is necessarily a bad thing...but...whatever...I can be guarded...but then its helped me not to get sucked in to other people's negativity and angst as well...I mean...geesh...I look at my passed and I can see why I am the way I am...but it isn't really needed anymore...it served me for some time...but that layer just has to go. I don't know if I'm making any sense...I'm just processing...
But...getting back to my teachers...who have become my friends...my mentors...Thank you. And...today I was given such a special gift...and I want to sing praises to the big wave surfer and his wife...wow...your truly special...and you just get me excited about living this life. Not very many people have had that type of affect on me...to embrace each day and revel in it. I may not be quite there yet...but I know where I'm going...Thank you again. Peace.


1 Insightful Comments:

chasing rainbows said...

you do play your card close to your chest - something I could use a little more of. wishing you well. had an interesting expierince Friday night. I'll have to send you an e-mail.
Peace,
k

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger