I'm Enough

6.12.07

"Everything we do is infused with the energy with which we do it. If we're frantic, life will be frantic. If we're peaceful, life will be peaceful. And so our goal in any situation becomes inner peace. Our internal state determines our experience of our live; Our experiences do not determine our internal state."

~Marianne Willamson


Practice this morning was a bit of a struggle. I felt tighter than usual...the volume of my mind was turned way up...not sure why. There was a point where I felt as if I just wanted to quit and stop practicing. However, I kept going...body strong...mind weak. Anyway...as I started to make my way through most of the second series...everything went calm in my mind and with relief this voice inside me simply said..."you're enough." Then I had an overwhelming sense of well-being rise up inside...that validated my being enough...through my acceptance and willingness to see this as truth. See...this is something I have always struggled with for as long as I can remember. Feeling as if I wasn't enough...for my relationships, for my position, my job, my status...whatever...you name it. Its exhausting feeling as if there is always something to be improved upon...never being satisfied with who I was at any given moment. What a drag. And, as I sat with this feeling of being enough...during practice it felt wonderful to let go of this old belief. Because when you hold on to beliefs that don't serve you they just keep playing out in your life...and quite frankly I 'm tiered of all that. When we start to tap in to who who really are it becomes evident that we are no better or no less than anyone else...and that is how we can start to genuinely connect with others...the piece of the puzzle that we have to bring is essential to the greater, larger whole...and that is our gift only we can bring forth if we allow it to happen...So, now that I'm doing my best to settle into this way of being...no striving...no reaching...no grasping...Just being fully present with who I am...that is enough!...and then I can tap into the gifts that will radiate from that place...How amazing!! I welcome it! As the layers start to peel away life seems to be more real...some how. From a place of truth and knowing there is a comfort that comes when we start to feel what we are really made of...

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger