Bandha Break Down

7.4.08


The heavy is the root of the light.
The unmoved is the source of all movement.

Thus the Master travels all day
without leaving home.

However splendid the views,
she stays serenely in herself.

Why should the lord of the country
flit about like a fool?

If you let yourself be blown to and fro,
you loose touch with your root.

If you let restlessness move you,
you lose touch with who you are.

~Lao-Tzu, Tao-te-Ching



When my alarm clock went off at 4:50 am this morning...I had to question myself for a moment...why do I do this again? Ohhhh...and then I quickly remember after getting out of my early morning haze...yes, I'm stretching my body for God...hahaha...I stole that phrase from a friend of mine...I hope God appreciates it...hee, hee...only kidding...

My mind was calmer this morning...the beauty of getting up before dawn. Yesterday, when practicing later in the day...I found such a startling difference with the activity of the mind vs. the early morning.

Anyway, I also learned that one just can't take anything for granted. When I made it to laghu vajrasana...shockingly I couldn't get up...I had to do it again...same thing...I was like Bandhas!...testing, testing...1, 2, 3...Bandhas...testing...Nothing!! Ha! I couldn't believe it...so I took it with a bit of grace, shrugged it off, and moved on...I guess it wasn't my day for good old laghu...very strange...I've never had a problem with it...what gives? Let's see what happens tomorrow, until then, I'm not gonna worry about it. Well, I'm just not gonna worry about it at all...to be honest. These postures are tools...not self-esteem breakers...actually the whole thing was kind of funny...seriously, however, it was a good little wake up call...at that time I wasn't totally present with what I was doing...and it was a good little nudge to wake me up a bit. And, I really needed it...

After asana practice, I've added a pranayama practice, ending with meditation, after the drive home. I've been wanting to add these practices in...and now is no better time than any to start. My meditation practices have always been sporadic...I'll be gong-ho for a while and then it falls off...then I'll pick it up again. Its a welcome addition to the asana...every time I meditate, I'm always like...why don't I do this more often? Its nice.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger