Effort-less

14.4.08


Do you have the patience to wait till your mud settles and the water is clear? Can you remain unmoving till the right action arises by itself?

~Lao-Tzu, Tao-te-Ching




Saturday I allowed myself a day of absolute rest and relaxation. Its hard not to feel guilty for doing such a thing...wait...hold on...please! Who am I kidding...ha! If felt great. hahahaha.

Anyway, the interesting part is that when I made it to my mat today it was one of those rare times where everything...I mean everything, felt effortless. As I stepped back as the observer I truly enjoyed the ride. My body felt at ease and relaxed. You see, I have a dirty little secret. Many times I practice on Saturdays...going, going, going without a break. And well, thats just another word for attachment. So, I tell you, its made a difference to take this break...for my mind, my body, and my spirit...see, my achiever, goal oriented...self-consumed-self...is slowly dying off...its gotta go. And, that doesn't mean that there aren't gonna be things that I want to accomplish, discover, or reach in my life...but, moving forward its gotta come from a deeper perspective...from a more evolved, genuine place inside. Its so true...the only thing that really needs to happen...is to be open...be open...then miraculously grace descends...things become more clear, or maybe not...but, all I need to do is be open...just be open...

1 Insightful Comments:

Tracy said...

That's It! That is what we do..and then it all falls into place~
I am living proof of that truth!
Another awesome photo of your beauty~full self!
xxxooo

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger