Eka Pada Bakasana

10.4.08


"Every time you don't follow your inner guidance, you feel a loss of energy, loss of power, a sense of spiritual deadness."
~Shakti Gawain


Met with a former student of mine for tea last night, and we had the most enlightening conversation that we completely lost track of time. What a wonderful evening, talking about things that are truly important. I've missed many of the students who took my classes. Now, it is as if they are the ones offering me support and encouragement instead of the other way around.

Not too long ago I was telling someone that I have learned just as much, if not more, from those who have taken yoga class from me as I have passed along to them. Feeling as if I still have much to learn and deepen, I wonder if I have enough to offer others. I mean, it has crossed my mind. That is part of the reason why I took a step back from teaching for a while. I really put it out of my hands...and asked the universe...ok...if this is what I'm supposed to do, or if there is something else, just guide me and I'll walk down the path. But then, I've realized for me to think for one moment that its about me and if I'm offering enough is absolutely ridiculous. That's a selfish pursuit. Its about much more. Its about being present, and holding a space of that Presence...with a selfless attitude of service...facilitating an environment rich for the practice of yoga. It must go beyond the limitations that I have placed upon myself...there is something greater to bring forth, and all I have to do is invite it in. What a relief. What a gift as well.

Practice was long today, but I felt strongly connected and at ease. I was able to laugh at my attempts at eka pada bakasana too...Whoa...this is gonna be a tough one. Pressing from sirsasana B into this bitch of an arm balance (excuse me), is really gonna take some work and finesse. But, wasn't I saying several posts ago that I like a challenge? Well...this is gonna be a good one. There's something not quite connecting. Maybe I need to develop more strength. Not too entirely sure. Its gonna be fun trying to decipher. Ricardo was telling me that my upper body is pretty well developed, except for my forearms, they're a bit on the skinny, got no muscle side...hahaha, well...its all a bunch of minutia. I just gotta keep practicing...

2 Insightful Comments:

Yoga Chickie said...

Do you mind if I ask...where are you located? Where do you practice? Thanks...Lauren (from Westchester County, NY)

peaceloveyoga said...

I'm located in Columbus, Ohio at the moment. Right now my practice is self-lead...I meet with 3 other Ashtangis to practice at 5:30am Monday thru Friday. Sunday I practice on my own. Stateside I consider Tim Miller my primary teacher when I get the chance to study with him...

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger