Ebb

22.8.09

Love must be as much a light as it is a flame.

(Henry David Thoreau)



I know I must bore readers about my path through the practice from time to time, by writing about working inward and such, but to be honest, it's a phase I'm going through and I just gonna honor it. It's how I work. There have been times in my life where I've been more outward with everything I do and say, and then there are times when I become more reflective, inward and contemplative. The best way to put it is there's a season for everything, ebbs and flows, and when I work with the current I simply feel better.

I've just come to a point where I feel the need to come from a place of cause versus coming from a place of effect, where I am constantly reacting to everything in life. When coming from a place of cause I choose to take responsibility for everything, and it's a practice that has been most challenging to date.

With keeping this practice in mind, I feel I've made steady changes in my perspective, thanks to the heightened awareness a yoga practice can bring. So, in turn, I question things, I contemplate, and I've become newly inspired by what I see, touch and feel. It's an interesting time, one of no huge outward changes that fascinate others, but a shift that lies deeply submerged within the recesses of my own heart and spirit.

I mean it isn't always easy, but of course it's quite simple, but the more I let go...let go of all of it...feeling defensive, offended, reactionary, less-than, lacking, hurt, etc...I feel more free.

3 Insightful Comments:

(0v0) said...

Oh my god, don't stop. It all resonates strongly with me right now. Some of the commonalities are a bit uncanny.

In addition, it's inspiring to see you be so cool and graceful amid a lot of change and uncertainty.

Tiffany said...

Ahhh freedom is such a great thing...write freely girl, let us live through it

peaceloveyoga said...

It's awesome to get everyone's feedback...hahaha...sometimes I feel like a bit of a freak approaching things the way that I do, but I must say, there's no turning back, and I feel better for it.

Love to you all.

:-)

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger